Joseph Moris Faltas
5530 Quail CT. Clifton,VA 20124
Tel: 713 435 9784 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. in Philosophy, faculty of theology, Athens University, Greece, 1994.
Postgraduate, patristic studies, faculty of theology, Athens University, Greece,1991-1994.
Postgraduate, patristic studies, faculty of theology, Alexander Friedrich-Erlangen University, Germany, 1987-1991.
B.Th., Athens University, Greece, 1986.
BSc(Eng), Menya University, Egypt, 1974.
Professional Experience and Employment History
President of St. Athanasios Fellowship for Patristic Studies, USA, 2012-Present
Founder of Panarion Center for Patristic Heritage, Egypt, 2007-Present
Director General, St. Basil Foundation, Egypt, 2005-2012
Secretary Executive, Orthodox Patristic Center Cairo, Egypt, 2000-2001
Head, Ecumenical Studies Unit, Coptic Center for Social Studies, Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate, Cairo, Egypt, 1995-2012
Researcher, Orthodox Patristic Center Cairo, Egypt, 1982- 2012
Committees and Organizations
Member, Bible Association, Egypt, 2010-2012
Member, Ecumenical Committee for Youth, Egypt, 1995-2012
Vice President, International Organization for Orthodox Youth (Sendismos), 1990-1998
Member, Christian Arabic literature Association, Egypt, 1990-present
Co-secretary, Committee of the official Dialogue between Chalcedonian and non-Chalcedonian Churches, 1989-present
Conferences, Lectures & PAPERS :
- The academic meeting of Orthodoxy and Judaism entitled “Judaism and Orthodoxy, between originality and renewal”, Athens 1994, as an observer.
- The Theological Dialogue Conference organized by “Ahl El-Beit” Organization, under the supervision of Jordanian King El-Hassan, joined by the Ecumenical Patriarchate in Geneva, about “youth and the values of participation” in July 1993.
- The Christian Parliaments Conference , organized by the Greek Parliament, titled “Orthodoxy and United Europe” Greece ,1993, as a representative of the Coptic Church.
- The Conference for Patristic Studies No. 12 in Athens in 1993.
- The Conference for Patristic Studies No.11, 1992, Greece
- The International Conference for Christian Arabic Literature, Belgium, 1988.
- The International Conference for Patristic Studies, Oxford, 1987 & 1991.
B-Lectures & Papers:
- Paper, “The challenges facing Christian teaching in the Middle East, in the World Council of Churches” (Brazil 2006)
- Paper, on “The Christian Perspective to man in general and to the others of different religions” (An Orthodox viewpoint), Islamic Christian dialogue, Jordan, 2005.
- Lectures, in Patrology, Los Angelos, Diocese, 2002.
- Paper “The Church Fathers in a Debate with Islam” read at the International Conference of Christian Arabic Literature, Sydney, Australia, 2000
- Article “The Coptic Church in Egypt and abroad” Kotima, Lutheran Church Newspaper, Finland, 1989.
- Three interviews about “the Coptic Church” , religious programs for the Greek Church broadcast channels 1990, 1991 & 1993.
- Paper on “St. Basil the Great” in the Christian Arabic Literature of the Copts, Greece, 1993.
- Two interviews about “The Theological teachings and the spiritual life of the Coptic Church”, Greek TV, 1991 & 1993.
- Seminar on “The result of theological dialogue between Chalcedonian and non-Chalcedonian Churches”, Theological faculty, Thessalonica University, Greece, 1993.
- Paper on St. Gregory of Nyssa in the Christian Arabic Literature of the Copts, The Patristic Studies Conference, No. 12, Athens 1993.
- Lecture “the theological dialogue between the Chalcedonian and non-Chalcedonian Churches”, Theological College Alumni, Athens, 1991.
- Lecture “The Coptic Church: Past and Present”, Theological Academy, Helsinki, Finland, 1989.
C- Papers Published in Arabic Language in the Periodical of the Orthodox Center for Patristic Studies:
- “Christology in the Liturgical Text of the Coptic Church”, January Issue, 2011.
- “The Holy Spirit in the Christian Arabic Literature of the Copts”, July Issue, 2010.
- “Parousia of Jesus Christ in the Liturgical Text of the Coptic Church”, January Issue, 2010.
- “Salvation According to the Cappadocian Fathers”, Part.2, July Issue, 2009.
- “Salvation According to the Cappadocian Fathers”, Part.1, January Issue, 2009.
- “Christ’s Death on the Cross in the Christian Arabic Literature of the Copts”, Issue 18, July 2006.
- “Childhood from Patristic Perspective”, Issue 17, January 2006.
- “Samples of the Fathers’ Biblical Interpretation”, Part.2, Issue 16, July 2005.
- “Samples of the Fathers’ Biblical Interpretation”, Part.1, Issue 15, January 2005.
- “Synodical Letters in the Christian Arabic Literature of the Copts”, Issue 14, July 2004.
- “How to Face Modern Biblical Criticism”, Issue 13, January 2004
- “The Divinity of the Holy Spirit in the Liturgical Texts of the Coptic Church”, Issue 12, July 2003
- “The Fathers and Heresies”, Issue 11, January 2003
- “St. Epiphanius, Bishop of Salamis”, in the Christian Arabic literature of the Copts, Issue 10, July 2002.
- “The Doctrine of Creation out of Nothing”, in the writings of BÛLÛS AL-BÛŠI, Issue 9, January 2002.
- “Faith and Miracles”, According to St. Cyril of Alexandria, Issue 8, July 2001.
- “Christ in the Epistles of St. John”, Issue 7, January 2001
- “The One Essence of the Father and the Son”, A Study in the Third thesis of St. Athanasius against the Arians, Issue 6, July 2000.
- Gregory, Bishop of Nyssa, in the Christian Arabic literature of the Copts, Issue 5, January 2000.
- “The festal letter” (Artistika), Historically and Dogmatically, in the Christian Arabic literature of the Copts, Issue 4, July 1999.
- “The Influence of St. Athanasius on the Teachings of the Coptic Church” part.2, Issue 3, January 1999.
- “The Influence of St. Athanasius on the Teachings of the Coptic Church” part.1, Issue 2, July 1998.
- “The fathers and doctrine of the church”, Issue 1, January 1998.
- Thesis: “St. Athanasius the Apostolic, source of the teachings of BÛLÛS AL-BÛŠI (13th century) concerning the Incarnation, (in Greek language) Athens, 1994.
D- Courses in Theological Seminars:
- Patrology, Greek New Testament, Coptic diocese, New York, 2019
- Patrology, Greek New Testament, Coptic diocese, Mississauga, 2015-Present
- Patrology, Greek New Testament, Coptic diocese, Nashville 2014-Present
- Patrology, Greek New Testament, Coptic diocese, Milan, 2013
- Patrology, Greek New Testament, Coptic diocese, Vienna, 2010,2012
- Patrology, Greek New Testament, Coptic diocese, Edinburgh, 2010.
- Patrology, Evangelical Theological Seminar, Cairo, 2006.
- Church Fathers’ Interpretation of the New Testament (Port-Said,Maadi,Shubra-El-Kheima, Luxor) Egypt, 2000-2005.
- An Introduction to the New Testament, Theological Seminars, Menofeya Diocese since 1998 and El-Mahala El-Kobra since 2005 till the present.
- Canon Law, Theological Seminar, Diocese of Los Angeles, 1998.
- New Testament Greek Language, Theological Seminars, the Diocese of Los Angeles, 1997,2012
E- Texts Translated from Greek into Arabic, published in Cairo, Egypt:
Dialogues on the Trinity by St. Cyril, Vol.4 Published
- Dialogues on the Trinity by St. Cyril of Alexandria, Published 2018.
- Commentary on Elisha by St. Cyril of Alexandria. Published 2017
- Against Heathens by St. Athanasius of ALexandria, Published 2014
- St. Cyril’s Commentary on the Gospel of St. John, Chapter 11, Published 2006.
- On the Incarnation of the Word by St. Athanasius of Alexandria, Published 2003.
- A Sermon on Pentecost by St. John Chrysostom, Published 2000.
- A Sermon on the Cross by St. John Chrysostom, Published 2000.
- Justice and Social Equality, by Prof. Khristos Krikonis, Published 1995.
F- Texts Translated from English into Arabic under my supervision, published by panarion in Cairo, Egypt:
- On the Reliability of the Old Testament, by Kenneth Anderson Kitchen. Published 2019
- Apostolic Fathers, by James A. Klesit. Published 2019
- The Acts of the Christian Martyrs, by Herbert Musurillo. Published 2017
- Patrology. by Johannes Quasten. Volume 2 Published 2017
- Origin, Homilies on Genesis, by W.A. Baehrens. Published 2015
- Patrology. by Johannes Quasten. Volume 1 Published 2015
- Justin Martyr, life and writings, by Thomas B. Falls. Published 2012
- The Council of Chalcedon Re-Examined, by V.C. Samuel. Published 2009.
- The Trinitarian Faith, by T.F. Torrance. Published 2007.